Wednesday, August 3, 2011

First Trip to the Beach

We took Harrison to the beach for the first time this week. I think Brian and I packed our whole house for 5 days! We stayed with Brian's mom, stepdad, brother, cousin & her friend, aunt, & 2 other cousins in a condo & my parents stayed in a condo right down from us. I didn't get as many pictures as I should have. I felt like I had to take everything with us everywhere we went, so the camera was left in the room a lot.
Harrison did great! He loved the lazy river. We skipped the big fun slide this year - I don't think he met the height requirement. He was fine on the beach for about an hour before he got too hot. He floated in the ocean & kicked his feet like he knew how to swim. He was a little unsure about the sound of the waves & the water splashing on his face. He was a little angel baby considering his ear infection came back (we just finished meds last week) & we think there is a tooth coming in.

 eating breakfast on the balcony (excuse the bib & diaper look)

playing on the beach

feeling the sand on his toes for the first time

checking out the waves with Poppa

Harrison absolutely LOVED Olyvia! He watched her every second that he could.

We attempted pictures on the beach. Everyone's eyes were shut because the sun was too bright, & Harrison got hot quickly. This is him telling us he is ready for some AC!

sitting in the sand

his beach wear (I couldn't get rid of the tube of Desitin, he cried every time I took it away)

We took Harrison's pack & play with us. He slept in it well for naps... He woke up about midnight the first 2 nights crying & ended up in bed with us. The next 2 nights we just started him in bed with us. I didn't get a picture of it, but the last night he definitely took up his share of the king size bed! He ended up sideways in the bed between Brian & me.
We had a great trip - not as relaxing as beach trips used to be - but a different kind of fun. Brian & I look forward to many more years of beach trips with our little man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment